1. You don’t take your phone to the Toilet: If you currently do have the decency to take a dump without seeing it as a golden opportunity to check your social media notifications, then you’re safe. Congrats
2. You can sleep without dreaming of Facebook, Twitter or IG: Many times, I’ve tweeted in my dreams, mostly because I sleep off with my phone in my hands. If you haven’t gotten to the stage where you see Facebook, Twitter or Instagram in your dreams, you’re lucky, you haven’t been infected
3. If you pray every morning before you check your notifications: this one is plain simple, if you have the restraint to say a word of prayer first thing in the morning before grabbing your phone, then you’re not an addict. Thank God for your Life
4. You haven’t visited Instablog9ja, Funny African Pics or KraksTV in the last 3 days: These accounts are the trap, if you have never been to any of them & no one has tagged you on any of their posts within the last 3 days, Brother, Sister, go and share your testimony.
5. You can watch a full movie without pausing to check your phone: I don’t know how possible it is, but if you can watch a full 1hr 45 minutes movie without having to read a WhatsApp, BBM or FB message, then you need to be thankful
6. You don’t check your phone in Church, Meetings or Events for 2 straight hours: If after 120 minutes, you haven’t still checked even the top row of your phone for that WhatsApp, Twitter, SnapChat or IG notification icon, then Child of God, the social media Virus haven’t caught up with you
7. Can you take a Pic with a celebrity without updating it on social media? Can you ever visit a top restaurant or location without uploading pics and Geo-tagging? If yes, then my friend, Social media got nothing on you